Fraud by Apartamentos Amoblados - Julian
This "company" Apartamentos Amoblados Julian based in Medellin, Colombia, is a complete scam.
They are unlicensed and in violation of local tourism laws. If they are caught while you are in one of their apartments for less than a month, you may be evicted and will lose your money and belongings. You cannot reserve without a deposit, sight unseen, and cannot SEE the apartment personally with keys in hand until you have paid them 100% of the reservation. When you see it and no longer want the apartment because it was grossly misrepresented, they will tell you you're out of luck and the money is not refundable. If you get them to agree to a refund, they will keep (steal) the money after you have left and returned the keys, pawning off the "fault" on the apartment owner. They have been reported for theft, fraud and unlawful and unethical business practices to the local prosecutor, local police, city business licensing division and tourism secretary.
All their apartments are owned by other persons, and this company is only an intermediary who balloon the price for their own profit. It is not legal to rent one of these apartments for less than 30 days. All the apartments are grossly overused by locals who do not take care of them, and do not comply with typical expectations of a foreigner - very run down, damaged and missing basic necessities. Keys are never changed and any previous tenant has the ability to copy a key and burglarize your belongings during your concurrent stay (this happens OFTEN down there). All pictures on the website are well over 6-7 years old.
The company is run by Julian Moncada and his girlfriend Clara Castrillon. It is also connected to family members by the name of Angel Moncada (father of Julian) and Mauricio Moncada (registrant of the websites and other info throughout the web). Julian and Clara are ridiculously immature and unprofessional, using foul language and hanging up on you like a child when they don't hear what they want. Julian will threaten you and act as if he is God when you continue to bug them for the promised refund. It is like dealing with two little bratty, dishonest kids.
ALL FOREIGNERS should stay away from this company no matter how good the price may look in comparison to other companies on the web. You get what you pay for! Other companies in Medellin maintain their apartments very well, have great amenities and allow you to see the actual apartment before paying - basically they cater to foreigners! We lost $800 to them, but are happy knowing that they will lose more than this by some foreigners who are diverted away from their service because of our report!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Apartment Rentals
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In the attached video clip, a Harrisburg TV Investigative report looks into Sundance Vacations, which is the sales front for Travel Advantage Network. Though on paper the two companies try..."
- "We left Oregon Jan 12th to go cross country along the southern states to Florida Georgia South and North Carolina using Thousand trails and Encore. What a disappointment. We..."
- "Chris offers outstanding customer service. I am an over-the-road trucker, and his services are swift, courteous, optimistic, and friendly. Whenever I needed towels, they were quickly provided. ..."
- "I rented an apartment in Medellin, Colombia 2 months ago. I have been in contact with the owner of the apartment and Airbnb numerous times, each blaming the other, neither..."
- "Clara Castrillon runs Apartamentos Amoblados based in Medellin, Colombia ith her boyfriend Julian Moncada. BEWARE - she takes most calls and falsely advertises their apartments with this unregistered, unlicensed company that..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "As an adult I developed sensitive teeth and erosion of my enamel due to antibiotic use. I had been using Pronamel for about a year with no issues. Well I..."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."